A Community Manager is the professional in charge of building, managing and moderating the social networks of a brand or company. It must grow and defend the image of the brand for which it works in the digital field.
Sounds easy right? Well no, it is not as much as it seems. Managing a brand in social networks requires knowledge, skills and techniques that must be learned and worked on.
Training is very important, either on your own, or with a Community Manager training program. But just like training, experience is very important.
Going out into the ring just like that is not an easy task, the day to day of a Community Manager is not easy. Before trying to work as a Freelance Community Manager, I advise you to first train, and then start managing your own social networks, to create a brand and have experience.
We are going to see in depth what are the functions and skills that a good professional in the management of social networks should have.
Community Manager tasks
Freelance Community Manager Features
- Publication calendar, you must define one, taking into account the appropriate objectives that you will mark together with the client.
- Create attractive content and know in which network to publish it. You cannot post the same on Twitter as on Instagram.
- Design attractive images that help reinforce content on social networks. For this it is not necessary to be a graphic designer and it is not required to do the Community Manager. There are design tools that can help you in this task.
- Monitor the publications you make in order to measure their impact. With this information you will be able to know what type of publications work best, the best times to publish and to be able to respond quickly and efficiently to the comments made on them.
- Active listening and filtering of the news of the sector. You have to filter information and keep up to date with relevant news about the sector of the brand for which you work. Monitor what is said about the brand. Be the eyes of the company on the Internet.
- Build relationships with fans of the brand and retain them.
- Advertising campaigns, you must know how to create campaigns on social networks (Ads). So you must learn and specialize if you want to do it well.
- Manage online reputation crisis. This is one of the most complicated tasks of a Community Manager. Responding to a negative or unfortunate comment as soon as possible is vital. Try to give a solution and calm the user.
What the Seller needs to start the work
All the information of his company thats want to ti MANAGEMENT, social media, or i made the IG, fAcebook, Groups, LinkedIn