2) bash scripting/Automation
3) very good with Linux commands
4) understands the LVM process
5) very good with troubleshooting Linux
6) very good with AWS.
setup, deployment, and maintenance (RedHat Linux v5.x, v6.x, v7.x and v8.0; AIX Operating System versions – 5.3, 6.1, 7.1 & 7.2; Solaris Operating System versions – SunOS v9 & SunOS v11)
o Install or upgrade Unix systems and servers.
o Capabilities to Assess the stability, security, and scalability of installed Unix systems.
o Plan and execute OS patching and upgrades
o Plan and execute firmware patching and upgrades
o Troubleshoot system and server errors; Review system error logs and user-reported errors.
o Manage user access.
o Monitoring system performance.
o Maintain server architecture security.
o Create system backups.
o Experience in administering and leveraging tools like SCCM, BladeLogic,Tivoli, ILMT, Splunk, Densify etc
• Experience administering VMware / Hypervisor layer is an added advantage (VCenter, VROps).
• Ability to create scripts in Ansible, Perl, Python, and similar languages is an added advantage
• Good knowledge on enterprise network principles & devices (servers, routers, firewalls) and data center architecture.
• Experience in using troubleshooting tools like Wireshark, AppDynamics
• Ability to work with onshore/offshore teams, and communicate using virtual communication tools (phone, conferencing, online meeting)
• Ability to support working outside of normal business hours to provide after hour or "on-call" support when necessary to solve high profile issues or complete critical path projects
• Ability to work in team in diverse/ multiple stakeholder environment
• Analytical and communication skills
• Experience and desire to work in a Global delivery environment
• The job entails sitting as well as working at a computer for extended periods of time.