Last Week our Featured Freelancer Series showcased an interview with Abhishek Pathak. Continuing on the established tradition, Truelancer brings to you another successful freelancer. Today we go one-on-one with Chinmoy Maity, our featured freelancer of the week.
1. Tell us about yourself?
This is Chinmoy Maity. I’m from Medinipur (West Bengal). I’ve completed my B.Sc. on Computer Science with 1’st class in 2010 from Vidyasagar University, West Bengal and then I’ve completed my MCA (Master of Computer Application) with a Gold Medal in 2013 from Vels University, in Tamil Nadu. Back in 2007 when I joined college as a computer science student, I was impressed by computer programming at the first day of my college when i wrote a program for a + b=c in C language and that was the thing that changed everything. Currently I’m working as professional php developer. Well, I’m Full stack developer but specialized on back end development.
2. Why and when did you start freelancing?
I started freelancing in 2007 to earn little more but I have grown in my thinking over the years and now I freelance majorly to learn new things and face more challenging environments to keep improving myself.
3. What do you like about being a freelancer?
I like that it is not boring and very adventurous as you get new kind of work every time. Plus, you try new challenges, meet new people in the form of clients, and form new connections which are always beneficial. You also get to know different business procedures. It’s risky but I like the risk.
4. What are the challenges you have found in your freelancing career?
- It is hard to find clients with whom you can work comfortably.
- Sometimes there is a lot of to learn new technology in a short time frame and work on it as per client requirement
- Security for payment is also a huge factor
5. What according to you does it take to be a successful freelancer?
- First of all have a good knowledge on a particular technology on which you are good at and. Also keep looking to learn new technology which is trending.
- Beside working skill, you also need good communication skills to make sure you understand your client and you client understands you clearly.
- You need a secure payment model
6. How did you get to know about Truelancer?
I came to know about it from one of my colleagues who was in Dipesh Garg’s( Founder at Truelancer ) network.
7. What do you think about working on Truelancer?
- I never been this happier as a freelancer. It is the safest and secure platform I have come across.
- They care about their freelancers and try to find out new talent and give them a fair chance to grow.
8. How is your experience being associated with Truelancer as a ‘freelancer’?
9. What do you like doing when you are not “Freelancing”?
Besides my professional work I’ve an interest in embedded systems and robotics , so I try to spend time with that and working on ideas to make an innovative product.
Want to join the world of freelancing CLICK HERE
A passionate Blogger and Digital Marketer